Orthodontics for Good Dental Health is in charge of controlling and promoting the best development of the mouth and face structures and the prevention of its anomalies, such as eruption and the bad position of the teeth.
Another function is to diagnose and correct alterations to maintain proper oral health.
Because we recommend that the first visit to the braces specialist be at 6 years of age to prevent possible problems in the evolution of the mouth of the little ones.
Orthodontics for Good Dental Health Treatments
Treatments are carried out in different ways:
- Preventive treatment:
- The rash of the teeth is controlled and the harmful habits.
- For the development of the jaws such as finger suction.
- Eliminating the use of pacifiers, the circulation of the lips, and the habits of the tongue.
Oral breathing and cavities are also controlled at this stage.
- The one who best maintains space is the tooth itself.
- Interceptive trafficking:
- It focuses on stopping the development of an beginning bad position.
To prevent it from impeding the normal development of the mouth.
- Once the malocclusion or malposition of the teeth is established, it is stepped in to correct it.
Types of Orthodontic Deviceology
Orthodontics uses different types of devices:
- Fixed devices: placed in the mouth permanently until the braces specialist removes them.
- The specific treatment approach for malocclusion can vary based on both the type of malposition and the unique needs and requirements of the patient.
- They can be located on the inside of the teeth (lingual braces specialist) or on the outside.
- Removable devices: they are orthodontic devices that the patient can freely put on and remove.
- But that should take the recommended time by the braces specialist in each case.
- Among them is the Invisalign System.
Consisting of a series of virtually invisible removable aligners that correct the position of the teeth.
Gradually to the desired position.
- Patients can remove them for eating, brushing teeth, and flossing.
- According to the diagnosis of the orthodontist.
- Performing a three-dimensional digital simulation of the movement of the teeth, gets a final result.
- They manufacture custom aligners for each patient.
One can improve the position of their teeth at any age.
It is customary to associate orthodontic treatment with childhood.
According to studies, age is not a factor because the tissues related to tooth movement act in the same way.
There is no reason to prevent the start of orthodontic treatment for reasons of age.
The Importance of Orthodontics
Orthodontics is not a matter of aesthetics to have a perfect denture.
If not Orthodontics is responsible for fundamental keys in oral-dental health.
It is the specialty that deals with Diagnosing abnormalities in the shape, and position.
Relationship and function of the teeth and jaws, disorders in chewing that influence the diet.
Types of Dental Abnormalities:
- Malocclusion can occur due to poor alignment or crowding of teeth.
- Irregularities in tooth positioning, such as delayed or advanced dental parts in relation to the jaws, can also contribute to dental malformations.
- Displacement of one or both jaws can also be a significant factor in the development of malocclusion.
What benefits does Orthodontics bring?
- By avoiding cavities and gum disease, we can prevent poor dental cleaning and potential alterations in denture formation.
- Prevention of disease-related tooth loss is crucial to maintaining optimal oral health.
- Eliminating malformations can help alleviate any extra stress placed on the chewing muscles, potentially preventing issues with the temporomandibular joint.
- Malformations in the denture can lead to pain in the ear, neck, jaw, cervical head or spine, and scapular waist.
- Addressing the aforementioned issues can also help correct facial aesthetic problems proceed from poor denture health.
- Developing effective and proper chewing function is essential to maintaining overall oral health.
The importance of orthodontics is that it allows the patient to have a healthy mouth, a pleasant smile, and facial appearance not conditioned by dental or jaw alterations.
The whole mouth is more likely to last a lifetime if properly cared for.
There are many orthodontic treatments to correct, using fixed or removable devices. To correct the problem with effective diagnosis it will be easier to do it and you will have better results.
Therefore, we highly recommend get regular check-ups of your mouth, starting as early as age 7, in order to prevent these anomalies. Indeed, prevention is the most effective way to combat them.
With the goal of making every patient feel at ease, Dental Blush, located in Miami FL, strives to create a amazing and comfortable dental office environment.
Because we are excited for you to become a new member of our family!
Dental Blush is housed 12260 SW 8th St Suite 226, Miami, FL 33184.
We welcome clients and you may make an appointment by calling + (305) 553 0666 or complete our contact form. Thank you.