Teeth whitening is a treatment applied to teeth that have changed color.
Being one of the most conservative aesthetic treatments with dental tissue.
With this treatment it is possible to change the tone of the color of the teeth, leaving them whiter.
Brighter and returning the natural shine of tooth enamel.
That is to say, it consists of eliminating the intrinsic and extrinsic stains.
That produce the change of hue on the tooth surface.
Consuming certain foods, such as coffee or wine, and having certain habits such as smoking.
Can cause the enamel that covers and protects the tooth to darken.
These types of treatments are done to return the natural color and whiten the teeth.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Tooth whitening can be performed both in the office and at home.
Always after review and following the guidelines recommended by the dentist.
Both types of teeth whitening can be combined to achieve the desired result more quickly.
The tooth whitening process lasts approximately 30 minutes, usually three applications of whitening agent, that is, one every 10 minutes.
We apply the whitening agent and a protective gel on the gums to the teeth to avoid any discomfort derived from the procedure and using a special lamp, we activate the whitening gel.
In-office whitening is combined with home dental whitening that the patient will apply at home for a specified time according to the need of their specific case to achieve a successful result.
And always following the guidelines indicated by our dentists.
Even so, not all dental stains or darkenings are removable or improvable through teeth whitening and may require other types of aesthetic dental treatments, such as the use of porcelain veneers.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Some of the disadvantages that a teeth whitening treatment can have are:
Dental sensitivity after treatment:
This sensitivity can last up to a week.
Of course, it varies from one patient to another and does not affect routine life.
It does not last forever: Many of us like “forever” but this is not the case with this treatment.
May return to their yellowish color or the stains that had been removed reappear.
But, to avoid this, we simply must avoid bad habits that can stain our teeth and maintain correct oral hygiene.
Gum sensitivity: Although this usually disappears after a few days.
Now we go with the good things, the ones that we always like the most.
Among the advantages of an aesthetic treatment such as professional teeth whitening we have:
- Painless, fast and simple: Each patient is different, so the treatment applied is special and adapted to their needs, taking into account the type of enamel in order to obtain the desired results. Also, it lasts no more than 30 minutes and is completely painless.
- Rejuvenates: This type of treatment helps reduce the effect of wrinkles on our face, achieving a more rejuvenated effect.
Increased self-esteem: Wearing a radiant smile helps you feel more confident about yourself. The simple fact of being able to smile openly, without any complex, helps to feel more confidence, security and satisfaction.
- Personal image: Perhaps one of the main reasons why patients decide to undergo this treatment is due to the improvement it represents for their personal image.
Tips to Keep in Mind before Performing Teeth Whitening
Finally, we are going to leave you some tips that you should take into account before undergoing an aesthetic treatment such as teeth whitening:
- Previous diagnosis: The professional must make a previous diagnosis. We must make sure that everything works correctly, that there is no danger to the gums, soft tissues or teeth. In addition, we must ensure that the patient who wants to do the treatment is suitable for him, since there are people who should not do it.
- The dentist must select the technique to use: That is, if a treatment will be done in the office or at home, but always under strict control by the dentist.
- Teeth whitening is a dental treatment: By this we mean that it is not only merely aesthetic and that it can be performed anywhere.
- So it is important that it is done by a professional who tells us the health prerequisites that we must meet.
- Food and drinks to consider: There are certain foods and drinks that influence the color of our teeth before, during and after whitening. But, what most influences, is taking inadequate oral hygiene measures. For this reason, we must avoid beverages that stain and, if this is not possible, carry out a good brushing after eating, as well as control diets that contain foods with a lot of coloring.
Do you want to get a Teeth Whitening?
At Dental Blush we care about your dental health, so we advise you properly to treat your specific case.
As we have said, each of us is different, so our case too.
For this reason, personalized and attentive treatment is our day to day.
If you want to do a teeth whitening in Miami, you just have to call or write us, we will be happy to assist you.
Dental Blush is a dental clinic where our goal is to make the patient feel at home.
We are excited for you to become a new member of our family!
Please call now 305-553-0666 or complete our contact form. Thank you.